- This event has passed.
Continuing Education Course: Addressing Vision in OT
May 18, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$20.00 – $150.00
Location: University of Utah, 520 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Scroll down for ticket information and registration. When selecting your ticket(s), you have the option to attend for the full day or only one session.
Registration required and closes May 18th.
- Be familiar with basic visual anatomy/physiology and conditions.
- Understand sign & symptoms of visual deficits and how they affect performance.
- Be familiar with vision assessment options.
- Practice basic vision rehab exercises and modifications to address common deficits.
- 8:30-9:00 Registration and light breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 Session 1: Low Vision in Older Adults
- 12:00-1:00 Break for lunch on your own
- 1:00-4:00 Session 2: OT for Vision Changes in Neurological Diagnoses
All speakers have training in low vision and neuro vision therapy services and are employed at IHC Neuro Specialty Clinic – TOSH
- Kasey Mitchell, MOT, OTR/L
- Laura Blevins, MOT, OTR/L
- Susan Cutler Bennett, OTR/L
3 CEUs for one session. 6 CEUs for both.