Get to Know Your Colleagues in Utah!
Each month the Utah OT Association will be spotlighting a member from a different region in the state. If you would like to nominate someone to be spotlighted, please contact your regional representative. To comment and congratulate members on their spotlight, go to the Utah Occupational Therapy Association Facebook page.
Click here to view the archive of members from previous years.
Britteni Manley, COTA/L
Q & A:
1. What setting do you work in?
2. How long have you been working in this profession and setting? What led you to pursue occupational therapy as your profession?
8 years total, 6 years school setting, 2 years Rehabilitation in a skilled nursing setting. I already worked in a school as a teachers assistant and I wanted to be able to help children on a higher level.
3. What is one thing industry related you learned in the last month?
I have been very busy working, but this month especially I have had a multitude of teachers come up and ask me what exactly we do besides handwriting... I have come to find that most people in all settings that we work in do not know our role.
4. Who inspires you?
My son and daughter.
5. What is your favorite place in the world?
Anywhere that I can be at the ocean, Hawaii is my most favorite.
6. What was the last book that you read?
Name of the wind and Wise man's fear, by Patrick Rothfus.
7. Any hobbies or interests?
Running, Fitness, Travel, Hiking, Movies, Interior Design, writing poetry, spending time with family.
8. What is one of your greatest achievements?
My children, graduating college and running a marathon.
9. What are you passionate about?
My children, My Husband, Health and fitness, mental health.
10. What are some goals that you have on your bucket list?
Travel more often, run the Big Sur 1/2 Marathon.
11. A fun fact about you that people may not know about you.
I am obsessed with True Crime and find forensic science fascinating.
12. If you had to eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would you choose?
Pasta and bread