Get to Know Your Colleagues in Utah!
Each month the Utah OT Association will be spotlighting a member from a different region in the state. If you would like to nominate someone to be spotlighted, please contact your regional representative. To comment and congratulate members on their spotlight, go to the Utah Occupational Therapy Association Facebook page.
Click here to view the archive of members from previous years.
Wendy Enfield, COTA/L, Region 4
Q & A:
1. What setting do you work in?
Pediatric, School Based practice
2. How long have you been working in this profession and setting?
7 years as a COTA, 6 years in this setting
3. What led you to pursue occupational therapy as your profession?
I watched my best friend, who is an OT, do an intervention with some preschool students and I knew right then that an OT is what I wanted to be. I want to be a part of helping someone reach their goals and dreams, no matter what.
4. What is one thing industry related you learned in the last month?
I learn new stuff all the time. The thing I keep learning over and over again though is that "behaviors" are so much more than what you see from a student/client/patient and how important it is to dig deep. Be humble and remember that humans are complex beings and that respect for that and their autonomy comes first.
5. One person who inspires you?
My husband, he is amazing!
6. What is your favorite place in the world?
Anywhere my husband, kids or grandkids are.
7. What was the last book that you read?
Beyond Behaviors by Mona Delahooke
8. Any hobbies or interests?
I love to plan trips especially to Disney World and Disneyland; watch documentaries about all things Disney; watch youtube videos of the rides at Disney; oh and go to Disney World and Disneyland with my husband and/or kids and grandkids!
9. What is one of your greatest achievements?
My greatest achievement is actually a joint achievement with my husband. We have been married for nearly 30-years. Working hard with him to create a life together through pain and happiness is the most amazing thing I have ever done.
10. What are you passionate about?
Probably too many things! I am passionate about my family, my husband, my children and my grandchildren, all things Disney. I love being an Occupational therapy practitioner and am passionate about finding ways to help the people I work with be heard and reach their goals. I LOVE to travel and study and read about places all over the world.
11. What are some goals that you have on your bucket list?
I want to serve a few missions with my husband for my church. I want to go back to Europe and see Normandy and Versailles. I want to learn Italian and travel Italy by train, wander through the Villa Borghese in Rome, walk through the Sacre Bosco and bike the Appian way to see the Aquaduct parks outside of Rome.
12. A fun fact about you that people may not know about you.
My pinkies are deformed. When you put them side by side they form a Y shape.
13. If you had to eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would you choose?
Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread with a big salad and blue cheese salad dressing.